EMC Bayswater has recently invested in a base station simulator to be able to exercise and measure the performance in-accordance with the compliance testing requirements. These requirements include exercising the 4G radio module and configuring the transmitter power level and also measuring the Bit Error Rate (BER) and Packet Error Rate (PER). Essential to properly test LTE products in accordance with the CE directive EMC standards including ETSI EN 301 489 series as per the Radio Equipment Directive (RED). ETSI standards require continual investment in equipment in order to correctly test in accordance with standards such as ETSI EN 301 489-52, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) standard for radio equipment and services; Part 52: Specific conditions for Cellular Communication Mobile and portable (UE) radio and ancillary equipment; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.1(b) of Directive 2014/53/EU. This new investment allows EMC Bayswater to cater for 2G (GSM), 3G (UMTS/WCDMA) and 4G (LTE) once 5G gains more traction in the region we will look at investing in this technology.
EMC Bayswater’s Blog
Radio & EMC compliance testing and approvals information.
- LED Lighting EMC Testing for Australia Monday, March 23, 2020
- EN 55035 – Multimedia Immunity standard added to scope of accreditation! Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- New Accreditation Scope! Saturday, April 13, 2019
- LTE – 4G EMC Testing Capability Monday, April 1, 2019
- RCM approval for cellular devices Monday, August 20, 2018
- Accredited testing scope & FCC certification testing Monday, July 16, 2018
- Decoupling Capacitors & RF Networks Thursday, April 19, 2018
- Magnetic Immunity Testing of Magnetically Susceptible Device Monday, January 22, 2018
- Real cost for cheap EMC compliance testing Friday, January 12, 2018
- Why compliance testing is actually good Wednesday, January 3, 2018