Military MIL-STD 461
& Aerospace EMC Testing
MIL-STD EMC testing & compliance for Military Army, Navy and Air Force specifications
Accredited MIL-STD 461 EMC Testing
The laboratory has a well equipped NATA accredited facility for EMC testing to Army, Navy and Air Force specifications. With a huge array of mil std-461 test equipment primarily focusing on the electromagnetic interference aspect. This allows us testing capabilities for the majority of compliance projects, including rectification work (EMI fixes) and investigative pre-compliance.
To meet EMC compliance requirements specified by procuring agencies. Including EMC testing of military equipment, formal EMC test plans are necessary. These test plans detail the product and the expected testing scope and requirements.
EMC Bayswater can write professional EMC test plans. In addition to performing accredited military testing.
We are NATA accredited to the following military specifications parts. Please click the following link to view our current scope of MIL-STD 461 accredited testing.
We can provide test plans and also perform NATA accredited testing to:
MIL-STD 461D, MIL-STD 461E, MIL-STD 461F
We can provide test plans and non-accredited testing to:
MIL-STD 461B, MIL-STD 461C, MIL-STD 462, MIL-STD 461G
LATEST NEWS – MIL-STD-461G
In December 2015, the latest version of MIL-STD 461 was released within this revised version (MIL-STD 461G) there has been some progress with respect to modern receiver methodologies that now allow compliant FFT receivers to be used to increase the speed of emissions testing such as RE-102 etc. Some other new key points are as follows:
- ANSI C63.2 compliant FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) receivers are now permitted for use which can decrease testing times (section 188.8.131.52 of MIL-STD 461G)
- Interconnecting cable routing is now specified for floor standing equipment (section 184.108.40.206.1 of MIL-STD 461G)
- Conducted Susceptibility, transients, power leads (Test method CS106) has been removed
- Conducted susceptibility, Bulk Current Injection (BCI) (Test method CS114) includes system check updates
- Conducted susceptibility, lightning-induced transients, cables and power leads (Test method CS117) has been added.
- Personnel born electrostatic discharge (ESD testing, test method CS118) has been added.
- Both Test methods Radiated emissions, electric field (Test method RE102) and Radiated susceptibility (test method RS103) now have some technical updates
We can also prepare test plans and perform testing to Aeronautic EMC standards such as:
RTCA/DO-160D, RTCA/DO-160E, RTCA/DO-160F, RTCA/DO-160G
Military EMC testing standards & procedures
The EMC performance requirements for military compliant equipment are detailed in a series of unique EMC military standards.
These US originated (MIL-STD) documents have been adopted by military organizations worldwide. EMC tests include assessment of emissions and immunity performance.