Photo: MIL-STD 461 testing performed at EMC Bayswater
The laboratory has a well equipped NATA accredited facility for EMC testing to Army, Navy and Air Force specifications.
To meet EMC compliance requirements specified by procuring agencies for testing modern complex military equipment, formal EMC test plans are necessary.
We can write professional EMC test plans and perform NATA accredited testing, please see our NATA scope for full details
We are NATA accredited to the following military specifications parts, please click the following link to view our current scope of MIL STD 461 accredited testing
We can provide test plans and also perform NATA accredited testing to:
MIL STD 461D, MIL STD 461E, MIL STD 461F
We can provide test plans and non NATA accredited testing to:
MIL STD 461B, MIL STD 461C, MIL STD 462, MIL STD 461G
LATEST NEWS – MIL-STD-461G
In December 2015, the latest version of MIL-STD-461 was released within this new revised version (MIL-STD-461G) there has been some progression with respect to modern receiver methodologies that now allow compliant FFT receivers to be used to increase the speed of emissions testing such as RE-102 etc. Some other new key points are as follows:
- ANSI C63.2 compliant FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) receivers are now permitted for use which can decrease testing times (section 184.108.40.206 of MIL-STD-461G)
- Interconnecting cable routing is now specified for floor standing equipment (section 220.127.116.11.1 of MIL-STD-461G)
- Conducted Susceptibility, transients, power leads (Test method CS106) has been removed
- Conducted susceptibility, Bulk Current Injection (BCI) (Test method CS114) includes system check updates
- Conducted susceptibility, lightning induced transients, cables and power leads (Test method CS117) has been added.
- Personnel borne electrostatic discharge (ESD testing, test method CS118) has been added.
- Both Test methods Radiated emissions, electric field (Test method RE102) and Radiated susceptibility (test method RS103) now have some technical updates
We can also prepare test plans and perform testing to Aeronautic EMC standards such as:
RTCA/DO-160D, RTCA/DO-160E, RTCA/DO-160F, RTCA/DO-160G
Please contact Croydon South EMC Bayswater for further information, Contact us!
The EMC performance requirements for military compliant equipment are detailed in a series of unique EMC military standards.
These US originated (MIL STD) documents have been adapted by military organizations worldwide. EMC tests include assessment of emissions and immunity performance.