Safety testing with EMC Bayswater
Through our parent company EMC Technologies we are able to offer RCM safety testing as part of large EMC testing projects. We can offer the same great service, price and will organise all the testing through our parent company at no additional expense passed on to you our customer. This can allow you to commence with the EMC Testing whilst we liaise with our parent company and get costings and scheduling for the safety testing.
What can EMC Technologies offer in the way of safety testing?
In general the scope of EMC Tech safety testing laboratory capability is same as the NATA scope. However, there are some other additional services like Safety pre-compliance testing, Onsite testing (Non-NATA) and Environmental testing etc.
As you might be aware that the EMC Technologies Sydney Safety Lab is a NATA accredited Laboratory and their scope can be seen in the NATA website.
However very soon the EMC Technologies Melbourne Safety Lab should become a NATA accredited Laboratory which will improve the turnaround, communication and logistical aspect for our Victorian customers.
Here is the list of major product range that EMC Tech can provide testing capability:
- Household and similar electrical appliances: 60335.1 and -2.X (Part 2 product specific)
- Information technology equipment (ITE) : 60950.1
- Luminaires: 60598.1 and -2.X (part 2- product specific)
- Lamp Control gear: 61347.1 and -2.X (part 2- product specific)
- Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use: 61010-1
- Approval and test specification: AS/NZS 3100, 3105, 3121, 3136
- Fire hazard testing – Guidance for assessing the fire hazard of electrotechnical products: 60695.1; -2.X
- Environmental Test (Temp & Humidity) – Ask for specific capability
For a detailed list of the safety product testing that EMC Technologies is NATA accredited to test please refer to their online accreditation scope using the link.
Other Safety Inspections and Audit services
Expert safety engineers can provide a professional inspection and survey service of your equipment to identify possible product safety deficiencies. To undergo this process they will evaluate the construction details, design requirements, and component selection against the applicable Australian or harmonized European standards.